Saturday, July 5, 2008

First Time Out

Since I've been getting my start here at blogger with the BWE Promotions blog, I thought I would also finally get around to posting here in my own blog.

Since it's incredibly late as I write this, I just wanted to mention a few things I noticed this July 4th that made me go, What The Hell?

1. I actually watched the infamous Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on ESPN. No, I don't know why. No, I'm not a fan of Kobayashi, but I watched it nonetheless. And as I watched I noticed the announcers were getting more excited than a wrestling announcer during the main event. Seriously, they were eating hot dogs and the announcer's acting like the eaters were saving someone's life! When it got to the "Dog Off" (their words, not mine), I thought the announcer was going to pass out! The guy calls the NHRA drag races where the cars reach crazy speeds, and he seems nearly comotose. But give him a hot dogger, and he's like a six-year-old at Christmas time.

2. My beloved Cleveland Indians are so far out of first they are no longer in the cellar. At least a cellar has a door to climb out of. No, this is more like a bottomless pit. They just keep falling, waiting to hit the bottom but it never comes. So, what do you do when you're free-falling? You get rid of dead weight, of course! So exit closer Joe Borowski, stage right. C.C. Sabathia, get your bags packed, because you're next.

3. Speaking of baseball, the Tampa Bay Rays are the best team in MLB. My readers, I'd like you to go back and read that last sentence again.

Alright, that's all I have for now. Stop back again for more rantings, sports-wise, and for good measure I may throw in some pro wrestling!

3 comments:

Lester's Legends said...

Those competitive food-eating contests are disgusting. You can't look away though.

I can't believe the Rays are doing what they are doing. They should have dropped the "Devil" years ago.

Paul H said...

Disgusting, but like a car wreck everyone has to look at least once to see what all the fuss is about.

Is it wrong that the only reason I'm tuning in the Indians games this weekend is to watch the Rays?

Thanks for stopping by Lester. And don't forget to check out the new BWE site!

Anonymous said...

Stop back again for more rantings, sports-wise, and for good measure I may throw in some pro wrestling!

I love that closing line ;)!!