Wednesday, May 27, 2009

...And I Still Don't Know What Twitter Is!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls; children of all ages, welcome to the show that never ends! Ok, so it does go on temporary hiatus, but hey, what can you do, right? Anyway, I am happy to report that I am officially over my nagging cold! Yay! Oh man, I should never do that again.

I had the absolute privilege of being in attendance Memorial Day for the Indians vs. Rays game at Progressive Field. The Tribe rallied back from a 10-0 defecit to win 11-10 on a sensational walk-off two run single by Victor Martinez. The same V-Mart had gone 0-5 in his previous at-bats that game. Anything can happen in baseball, and V-Mart proved that!

The excitement in the stadium during that unbelievable bottom of the 9th is something I will never forget, and I was happy to be a part of that. I was fortunate to attend the game with my brother, and it was a great time to say the least. I hope everyone who gets a chance, will go out to the ballpark this summer and take in one of the many games going on this summer. Trust me, every game leaves you with a story to tell the next day. Here's the MLB.com story on the game for the Indians' 10-run rally that had me leaping out of my seat in celebration.

What is Twitter? I see on tv, everyone's on Twitter. My friends tell me to send them a tweet, and I have to look at them funny because I don't know what they just said! Just curious is all.

I want to do a little janitorial work here and remind everyone that coming up this week on Basic Bloganomics, BWE & EBW are back in action as we proudly present the Jakarta Encounter! Live from the Tripzibit Resort in Jakarta, Indonesia! I'm proud to be one of the writers for this, and while I may be biased, I think this is our best show to date! There's a little bit of everything in this one, and it is currently scheduled for this Thursday, May 28th. Be there! And for anyone unfamiliar with it, click on the banner to the top left for our previous show!

Now, I want to comment on a situation that is unfortunately far too common on the internet. It is called plagiarism, and it is a serious crime. I've seen this happen before on another site I blogged on, Sporting News, with my friend David Funk. It is one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed on-line and it is something I DO NOT tolerate! I have called people out on this before and I will do it again if needed to protect my friends.

Here's the tag, please feel free to grab it share with everyone to show those who steal the works, thoughts & ideas of others that it will not be tolerated!

Please copy from here and share:


What is Plagiarism?

According to Dictionary, Plagiarism is the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one’s own original work.

To all Bloggers who exert effort to create noteworthy entries and who continue to maintain a Blog which is a reflection of who she / he is, ” Good job! ”

To those who have the desire to Blog but are merely scraping contents from other peoples materials, ” Whether you are monetizing your site to help you with your basic needs or to satisfy some of your wants, do it the proper way. Stop making money out of someone else’s work. Otherwise, you are nothing but a common thief! ”

Thank you!

Spread the word to stop plagiarism! And please check out the talented writer's in the list to the right. They are the cream of the crop in blogging. Oh yeah, what is Twitter?

2 comments:

3rdStoneFromTheSun said...

no worries

I have no idea what twitter is either

glad you feel better

David Funk said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Memorial Day game.

I'm actually on Twitter myself. It is more or less a social network that allows people to keep up with your life. Although I don't use it much, many of my blogger friends(and some you know like Mo, Twinks, Maxi) use it, too.

Thanks for posting the plagiarism tag. The person who did it this time at least admitted the mistake which was contrary to both occasions when it happened to me.

Nice post!